- In Home Piano Lessons – We come to you! Stop the hassle of driving and paying for gas.
- Teachers matched to the student – We take the time and use our expertise to match each student with a great instructor. Remember a great resume doesn’t mean it is going to be a great match.
- Local means we care – Mobile Music Academy is a local company, we understand the needs of the Nashville community and unlike most national companies, we know the teachers.
- All Ages, Abilities & Styles - Whether it is for a beginner or a well advanced student, Traditional or Commercial, note reading or playing piano by ear, we will match you with the best teacher that is right for you!
- 100,000 Music Lessons and counting – We are well established in the community and know what we are doing. Trust Mobile Music Academy for your piano and other music lesson needs.
- Recitals - We provide several opportunities each year for students to play on amazing instruments in fantastic venues.
What do I need to know about starting Piano Lessons?
Age to begin piano lessons (Ages six and up):
Piano Lessons for Children: We typically suggest beginning piano lessons for ages six and up. Children younger than six can take piano lessons as long as the right teacher and method is used. We have specific teachers who use specialized methods in teaching children younger than six years old.
Piano Lessons for Teens: Teens can be one of the most interesting and challenging age groups to teach. It takes a special piano teacher to help a teen stay interested during those first couple of months as they learn the basics. We make sure that we match each student with the right piano instructor that meets the demands of not only the instrument but also the age of the student.
Piano Lessons for Adults: Adults can get a lot of joy out of starting up those lessons they stopped as kids. Typically, adults have specific goals in mind “I want to learn this song” or “I just want to pick up sheet music and play it” our instructors use great piano methods and approaches to help adults quickly achieve their goals.
Beginning Piano Students should look for a full size, 88-key electronic keyboard. This is an affordable alternative to the acoustic piano and there are several options around $500. After a year or so of dedicated playing, you may want to upgrade to an acoustic piano. These are higher quality than their electronic cousins but require more of a financial investment. Upright acoustic pianos run about $2,000 and up and will fit comfortably in a living room. Grand pianos are the highest quality, but they are considerably more expensive and demand a great deal of space in your house.
If you have a piano, more than likely it has not been tuned in a while. Please contact us and we can refer a reputable, affordable piano technician to get your piano sounding like new.
Acoustic pianos require a good string-tuning to produce clear, accurate music. Otherwise, every note played will sound off-key. Give us a call and we'll help make sure the piano is ready to go.